If you have problems with updating theme from WordPress admin panel, then:
- Login to by FTP to your server.
- Go to wordpress directory and then to
- Delete theme directory. You can do it from admin panel or manually via FTP.
- Upload new version of theme in to
wp-content/themes– It is same process as installing via FTP.
- You wont loose your theme settings by doing this.
- If you have made some changes in theme files you will have to manually update each file to keep your changes or move your changes to child theme.
Remember to always backup your data before update!