Widgets are small parts of content or tools that can be added on whole site or only on specific pages.
In Appearance → Widgets menu you will see all available widgets & sidebars. To use them just drag and drop widgets to sidebars you would like to see them in.
You can read more about widgets in WordPress documentation.
- Blog sidebar – Widgets from this sidebar will appear on blog, search results, archive page and 404 error page.
- Post sidebar – Widgets from this sidebar will appear in single posts.
- Page sidebar – Widgets from this sidebar will appear in single pages.
- Shop sidebar – Widgets from this sidebar will appear only in shop pages. WooCommerce have to be installed and activated.
- Hidden sidebar – It is always available sidebar, that is activated by clicking on icon in theme header. Good for some special menus or other tips, information for user.
- Basket sidebar – It is always available sidebar (but only active if WooCommerce is installed and activated), that is activated by clicking on icon in theme header. You should place there cart widget and also some promotions widgets for example.
- Header(vertical) default widget area – Widgets from this area will appear in header lower part. Thanks to this you can decide what you need also in header. For example This is good place if you wish to add search form, contact info, other text for you users. It should come in handy. However as there is no space for these widgets in mobile header, they are hidden then.
- Footer widget area(Header horizontal) – Widgets from this sidebar will appear in theme footer. In footer settings you can set how many columns should there be.
You can create additional sidebars if you want to use them on specific pages. Sidebars can be added by going to Appearance → Customize → Add custom Sidebars.
Besides default WordPress widgets, we also added:
- Apollo13 Social Icons
- Contact information
- Filter(Filter Albums, Works or Posts )
- Popular Posts
- Recent Albums
- Recent Works
- Related Posts
We have also extended 2 other widgets. In case of these widgets use these prefixed with Apollo13 – :
- Custom Menu
- Recent Posts